Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Coming back to the present

At the beginning of the month, I returned from my step-bro's wedding. His wedding was simply elegant. For starters, they nixed a few of the traditionals. For example, they allowed photos to happen during the ceremony itself ("We want friends and family to celebrate with us"), and nixed the bouquet toss and garter toss since it wasn't something they wanted to do. But, just because it was informal, don't think it was cheap! This was probably the most swankiest wedding I have ever been to. Free martinis, superb food, multiple wedding cakes, and fireworks. The part that impressed me the most: they did wedding pics BEFORE the ceremony, had the ceremony at 4 p.m., and then the reception immediately after. None of the awkward "what are we going to do for a couple of hours?" between the ceremony and the reception. Especially if you are an out-of-towner. Smart.

I jumped on the 10 p.m. bus on Canada Day to head towards my new house....
.... which I was locked out of....
.... once I got in, a dog that had taken temporary residence in my household peed on me...
.... which I promptly took outside and tied up to its rope...
.... tossing a nearby garden hose out of the way and end up spraying my back...
.... and the dog was barking, so I untied it to lead it back into the house...
.... which it promptly ran away.

Needless to say, I was beyond grumpy that morning. But, it hasn't been that bad since. *grins*

The movers came last Tuesday, which mountains of boxes have occupied my time since. Baby J (my boyfriend's 2 year old son) goes to the babysitter's Monday - Wednesday. Which means I had him
And both guys in my house are home on Sunday

I was beyond tired and frustrated by Saturday night. I seriously questioned whether or not I could do this "parenting" shtick. It seemed all I did all day was yell, chase, and say "no". And for those who know me, I'm not a disciplinary individual. I was numb by the time my boyfriend got home from work in the evenings. I would drool for a couple of hours, and then I would head over to aolfe's house to pack my stuff (never got a chance before the wedding)

But I'm surviving. It's a new week. I'm moved out of my old living accommodations, slowly organizing the new accommodations, getting used to living with a boyfriend and a toddler (without flipping out on either), and taking life one hour at a time.


( 3 comments — Leave a comment )
Jul. 12th, 2005 09:18 pm (UTC)
Take it one day at a time. Hopefully things will get easier soon. Enjoy the new house. I'm so completely jealous.

Bo Beri
Jul. 13th, 2005 05:10 pm (UTC)
*nods* And for only $113,000 in debt, you can purge yourself of that jealousy. *rolls eyes* Though, I must admit, it's pretty nice...
Jul. 14th, 2005 02:06 am (UTC)
Well, it is to be expected that you'd be a little stressed out. Change sucks. I advise against it.

When things get rough, run to the lake, lie on the beach, close your eyes and pretend you are on Corfu wearing your pink toga. Life will be good again.

( 3 comments — Leave a comment )