Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Not-Quite-New Beginnings

Well, I guess it has begun. *sighs* After 3 hours of sleep Sunday morning. my family and I headed back to the Great Not-White-Yet North. I was in the lead of the great convoy with my 14' deseil moving van. *grins* I felt like a huge trucker chick. And, by the end of the day, I probably smelled like one too.

Before this was Bo Beri's Bash. The day, which was Saturday, begun with me having a Sell-All-My-Crap Sale (better known as a Garage Sale). I made over $200! *rubs hands together and giggles* But at any rate, I picked up the U-Haul, ate some donuts supplied by my father, and he, my step-father, and I started loading the beast. Booger came in with some Timbits (definitely having Timmy Ho's overload by this point), and she helped as well.

Around 2 p.m., we packed up the last few items which didn't sell, and I got ready for work. I worked from 3:30 - 9:30 p.m. where the highlight of my evening is when 5 drunk guys stole some Shaq shoes from right under my nose *growls and waves fist in air* and I got some scratch tickets from Rocko as a going away present. Since I haven't signed my teaching contract yet, I should see if I won anything... *grins*

Then, I busted me arse and picked up opera_queen from the bus depot, got ready, and made my way to Bo Beri's. Good times! *waves drink in the air* I got to see Rockstar, whom I haven't seen in awhile. And I finally got to meet his girlfriend, which I approve of. *shrugs* Like that counts for anything... but carrying on...

I went to the bar at 1 a.m. with Bo Beri's sister and her friend. I ran into Skullet Man and gave him a hug. We sorted through the past misunderstandings, and I felt like a knob for not calling him sooner. I didn't see him at closing, so I phoned his cell phone when we got back to Bo Beri's (after paying a guy $5 to drive us there). He was talking and I don't think he realised that I was crying. I told him that I would miss him and when he started to make jokes, I hung up.

I didn't realise how much it would hurt to move from my home and all the people that I have come to love. *frowns*

Special K stopped by my apartment to pick up my Nintendo Chair, and I slept from 4 a.m. to 7 a.m. Then I left. I said goodbye to my Dad and his gal, thanking them for the past 6 years. Needless to say, I was pretty damn emotional until I hit the 4 hour mark on the way to my new home.


( 2 comments — Leave a comment )
Sep. 12th, 2004 08:03 am (UTC)
Well, on the bright side, since you were so damn self involved, you got to miss out on all the fun drama! Yep, sure glad I got to leave and miss the aftermath.

Sep. 12th, 2004 09:47 am (UTC)
*laughs* Oh drama... how I miss thee.... *crosses eyes*

BTW, congrats on being connected to the world again. And hey, camping chairs used as computer chairs is a nice, comfortable change! *grins* Especially when you have the ones that have the drink holders...
( 2 comments — Leave a comment )